Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/07/19 18:15:16 UTC

Re: May I contribute an enhanced mod_dir.c to Apache? (fwd)

>From the fingers of Brian Behlendorf flowed the following:
>
>Not ack'd - if someone working on mod_dir stuff could get back to him, I
>would greatly appreciate it.

    Wilco.

>Now that we have mod_autoindex stuff separate, I see no reason not to flesh
>it out.  I still really want to see Dean's idea of being able to sort the
>columns, too...

    I'm working on it, I'm working on it..  I'm going to bundle it with
    the `IndexFormat "%20F %4S %D"' stuff I'm also working on, which
    will subsume a lot of the enhancmeent requests (at the expense of
    only -one- directive, Dean!).

    #ken    :-)}

Re: May I contribute an enhanced mod_dir.c to Apache? (fwd)

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     I'm working on it, I'm working on it..  I'm going to bundle it with
>     the `IndexFormat "%20F %4S %D"' stuff I'm also working on, which
>     will subsume a lot of the enhancmeent requests (at the expense of
>     only -one- directive, Dean!).

What, have I got a reputation or something?

Whose quote is it that goes something like this:  "a [system, language,
whatever] is not perfect until you are done removing everything you can" ?

Dean