Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Elif Guner <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/02 21:29:16 UTC

Re: Deployment error prevents Login Portlet

Hi Neil,

I've had no problems entering some German characters into a mysql database.
The following might be old but there is some useful information if you are
still interested:

http://mysqldump.azundris.com/archives/60-Handling-character-sets.html

When you check character_set_server, collation_server,
character_set_database, collation_database system variables do you see the
right character set? Have you also checked the table and column after
restoring the db?

Sorry I am not much help.

Elif