Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by lixin chu <li...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/09 09:47:12 UTC

Re: How to add more internal node properties

Hi Stefan,
thanks for your advice. I am also trying to so
something similar.

any documents regarding custom property creation, etc
?

will listBasic() return the custom property ? in what
order ?

thanks
lixin
--- Stefan L�tzkendorf <lu...@apache.org>

Posted by lixin chu <li...@yahoo.com>.
I just tried - I wanted to add a 'accessTimes'
property:

public void create (ContentEvent event) {
    // create a new node property
    NodeRevisionDescriptor revision =
event.getRevisionDescriptor();
    if (revision != null) {
      	revision.setProperty("accessTimes", new Integer
(0));
    }
}

I can see that the new property os created in the
metadata file; then I added:

public void retrieve (ContentEvent event) {
    NodeRevisionDescriptor revision =
event.getRevisionDescriptor();
    if (revision != null) {
      	NodeProperty n =
revision.getProperty("accessTimes");
       	if (n != null) {
           int l = ((Integer)
n.getValue()).intValue()+1;
        		revision.setProperty("accessTimes", new
Integer (l));
        System.out.println ("accessTimes =
"+Integer.toString(l));
       	}
   }
}

the problem is that I always get accessTimes 1 or 2

 the metadata property value is not updated. anything
wrong ?