Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 09:15:56 UTC

Board Report Feb/08

Hi all,

Time is approaching to deliver our board report. I prepared the report
page on our wiki [1] and invite you all to review and ammend where
appropriate.

Thanks and Regards
Felix

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/4REB

Re: Board Report Feb/08

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Betrand,

Am Montag, den 28.01.2008, 11:01 +0100 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On Jan 28, 2008 10:41 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...To get a complete list of dependencies we would have to analyze the
> > dependencies of each pom just like the maven's dependency report does....
>
> I think this does it, if run from the top of our source code tree
> (assuming all modules are listed in the main pom.xml):
>
>  mvn dependency:resolve |  grep ':.*:.*:.*' | grep -v "Finished at" |
> cut -d ':' -f 1-4  | sort -u

Cool trait ! Thanks for this.

> The resulting list also shows some "interesting" duplicates like:
>
>   commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.0
>   commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1
>
> And
>
>   commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.3
>   commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.4
>   commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1
>
> And a few others like this.

These could be caused by transitive dependencies. Still we might want to
analyze our poms. But I think, except for inter-Sling dependencies we
define all our versions in the parent pom.

Regards
Felix

Re: Board Report Feb/08

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Jan 28, 2008 10:41 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...To get a complete list of dependencies we would have to analyze the
> dependencies of each pom just like the maven's dependency report does....

I think this does it, if run from the top of our source code tree
(assuming all modules are listed in the main pom.xml):

 mvn dependency:resolve |  grep ':.*:.*:.*' | grep -v "Finished at" |
cut -d ':' -f 1-4  | sort -u

The resulting list also shows some "interesting" duplicates like:

  commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.0
  commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1

And

  commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.3
  commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.4
  commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1

And a few others like this.

-Bertrand

Re: Board Report Feb/08

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jukka,

Am Montag, den 28.01.2008, 11:11 +0200 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> The ASF board is asking all TLPs to review their use of cryptography
> and to check that the requirements of the export control policy [1]
> are met. Does Sling use cryptography somewhere? If not, it would be
> good to add a short note like: "No export control notifications are
> needed for Apache Sling."

Yes, Sling does not use crypto and does not contain explicit hooks to
use crypto.

> BTW, while trying to review the above I found no clear place where all
> the Sling dependencies were listed. Is there any, or could we come up
> with one?

There is no combined list of dependencies currently. But off the top of
my head, the dependencies are three-fold:

   - Java Runtime (java.* and javax.*)
   - Apache libraries (jackrabbit, commons, ...)
   - Thirdparty: CGLIB, Jetty, KXml (I think, that is about it)

Re: Board Report Feb/08

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 28, 2008 10:15 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Time is approaching to deliver our board report. I prepared the report
> page on our wiki [1] and invite you all to review and ammend where
> appropriate.

Looks good, thanks!

Re: Board Report Feb/08

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I submitted the February 2008 report and prepared a template May 2008
report for further additions. If there is anything missing or wrong in
the February 2008 report, please reply to this mail, such that I may fix
this. Thanks.

Regards
Felix

Re: Board Report Feb/08

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Jan 28, 2008 9:15 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Time is approaching to deliver our board report. I prepared the report
> page on our wiki [1] and invite you all to review and ammend where
> appropriate....

Thanks - added a point saying that we can expect a first release soon,.

-Bertrand