Posted to user@etch.apache.org by Andreas Ziegler <an...@acando.de> on 2016/11/07 15:14:45 UTC

Publish KeepAlive State

Hello everybody,

I understood that ETCH is in is in the attic but I hope you can still help me.

In a project we use ETCH for communication. To track the connection health we wanted to implement a Watchdog. I found out that ETCH already implemented the KeepAlive filter to track and reset the connection.

Now the question arrises if it is already possible to track the session messages and get informed about the KeepAlive state.

Best regards

Andi

________________________________

Andreas Ziegler
Consultant

[cid:acando.png]<http://www.acando.de>

Fraunhoferstr. 7, 85737 Ismaning, Germany
Phone: +49 89 7879791-3
Mobile: +49 170 5942424
www.acando.de<http://www.acando.de/>

Acando GmbH, Millerntorplatz 1, 20359 Hamburg, Germany | Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Guido Ahle | Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 76048 | Ust.Ident-Nr.:DE208833022

Re: Publish KeepAlive State

Posted by Scott Comer <we...@mac.com>.
Yes, there is a way to monitor connection status events. I recall there is example program that shows this. Dig into the examples a bit to see if you can find it. If you don't, come back here and i will be able to help you in a couple of days.

In a long gone project i created a connection pool which monitored the up down state and would restart the connection that went down, and also roll up pool health status.

Sent from my iPhone