Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "M.Shiva" <si...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/18 12:33:48 UTC

Running hadoop on multinode cluster

Hi,

We have followed the steps to run the hadoop on linux implementing
multi-node cluster.
http://www.michael-noll.com/wiki/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_(Multi-Node_Cluster)we're
working 2 nodes. One as master,other as slave. We have started the namenode
but the slave node fails.

Since we are newbies ,we struggle to do it.

Kindly help us with the steps to run the hadoop in mult-node cluster.

Thanks in Advance

- M.Shiva

Re: Running hadoop on multinode cluster

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>.
M.Shiva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have followed the steps to run the hadoop on linux implementing
> multi-node cluster.
> http://www.michael-noll.com/wiki/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_(Multi-Node_Cluster)we're
> working 2 nodes. One as master,other as slave. We have started the namenode
> but the slave node fails.

What is the error you see in the logs?
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Help

Also, http://lucene.apache.org/hadoop/docs/r0.15.1/cluster_setup.html