Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/25 01:34:22 UTC

AegisServiceConfiguration

Dear Aegis Users:

The Aegis documentation has included some misleading content for some time.

The description of Spring configuration of Aegis on this page:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/Aegis+Databinding

unconditionally includes the 'AegisServiceConfiguration'. Only later on does
the page explain that this class is only needed for compatibility with
XFire, and nowhere did the page clarify that it is essential to use it
consistently between the client and the server.

I've cleaned up the writeup, and for 2.1 I've renamed  that class to be
XFireCompatibilityServiceConfiguration. If you are working with Aegis, and
you don't need XFire interoperation, you probably want to remove the use of
AegisServiceConfiguration.