Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/27 12:18:13 UTC

Member Active status no longer displayed in roster/committer/xyz

The committer info page used to show "Member status - Active /
Emeritus etc" for all members.

It no longer does; instead there is a bold heading (Emeritus/Deceased)
for non-Active members.

Active members don't have any status heading.

I think it's better to be specific rather than rely on the reader
understanding what the default is.

Unless one has seen the display for one of the non-active members it's
not immediately obvious whether member xyz is Active or not.

Re: Member Active status no longer displayed in roster/committer/xyz

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27 February 2016 at 12:36, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 6:18 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The committer info page used to show "Member status - Active /
>> Emeritus etc" for all members.
>>
>> It no longer does; instead there is a bold heading (Emeritus/Deceased)
>> for non-Active members.
>>
>> Active members don't have any status heading.
>>
>> I think it's better to be specific rather than rely on the reader
>> understanding what the default is.
>>
>> Unless one has seen the display for one of the non-active members it's
>> not immediately obvious whether member xyz is Active or not.
>
> I'm confused.
>
> On whimsy-old, I there used to be a bold header shown, but only if the
> member is active.  Examples:
>
> https://whimsy-old.apache.org/roster/committer/duncan
> https://whimsy-old.apache.org/roster/committer/sebb
>
> On whimsy-test (which is where whimsy points to), there is a separate
> field that is always shown.  Examples:
>
> https://whimsy-test.apache.org/roster/committer/duncan
> https://whimsy-test.apache.org/roster/committer/sebb
>
> This seems to be the exact opposite of what you are describing.
>
> What am I missing?

Sorry, I'm missing some coffee - I got them the wrong way round.

> - Sam Ruby
>
> P.S.  In either case, these fields only display if the person
> accessing the page is an ASF member.  Arguably the member status field
> could be public, but the information from members.txt is private.

Most is, but we already publish active/emeritus status in

https://whimsy.apache.org/public/member-info.json

Re: Member Active status no longer displayed in roster/committer/xyz

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.