Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Brick Ma <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/29 16:08:54 UTC

ruby uno to control openoffice

Hi,All
There is a runo on github developed by hanya.
 Ruby-UNO (Ruby-OpenOffice) native bridge.

http://wiki.github.com/hanya/RUNO/

I spend days to build the runo on window 7

with ActiveScriptRuby2.2, openoffice 3.4 and vs2010.

i got this error which i dont understand why .

E:\RUNO-master\include\com/sun/star/beans/PropertyAttribute.hdl(20) : error
C2513: 'const short' : no variable declared before '='

but  in PropertyAttribute.hdl the line 20 is as the same style as other line

static const ::sal_Int16 MAYBEVOID = (sal_Int16)1;
static const ::sal_Int16 BOUND = (sal_Int16)2;
static const ::sal_Int16 CONSTRAINED = (sal_Int16)4;
static const ::sal_Int16 TRANSIENT = (sal_Int16)8;
static const ::sal_Int16 READONLY = (sal_Int16)16;
static const ::sal_Int16 MAYBEAMBIGUOUS = (sal_Int16)32;
static const ::sal_Int16 MAYBEDEFAULT = (sal_Int16)64;
static const ::sal_Int16 REMOVEABLE = (sal_Int16)128;
static const ::sal_Int16 REMOVABLE = (sal_Int16)128;
static const ::sal_Int16 OPTIONAL = (sal_Int16)256;//line 20 error1

I commented line 20 ,build is OK.Then i try to open a docment.But error
comes.

require 'uno'
data = {'type' => 'socket', 'host' => 'localhost',
        'port' => 2083, 'protocol' => 'urp'}
ctx = Uno::Connector.connect(data)
smgr = ctx.getServiceManager
desktop = smgr.createInstanceWithContext(
                   "com.sun.star.frame.Desktop",ctx)//here error2 comes out
doc = desktop.loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/swriter", "_blank", 0,
[])
doc.getText.setString("Hello Ruby!")

I really want to make it work.Buy it seems kind of hard for me now.

Did error1 yield error2 or something else wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: ruby uno to control openoffice

Posted by Brick Ma <br...@gmail.com>.
I have to use Microsoft Access to communicate to Openoffice for some reason.
The pain of using VBA makes me wont stop to searching better ways .Thank
God we have ruby and python.
Your reply is inspiring.I will continue to learn. Looking forward to
hearing from you.

All the best

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 2:00 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org

Posted by Brick Ma <br...@gmail.com>.