Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason L Michael <ja...@jason-michael.com> on 2003/02/03 10:09:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache to Voice Modem

Greets,

I would like to write a script/daemon/whatever which enables Apache to
respond to messages from a PHP script and utilize a Voice Modem to dial and
send voice messages.

Use Case:
User keys in phone number (on a web page hosted by Apache)
User selects greeting from a pop up list, clicks "submit"
Apache activates (or gains control of) Voice Modem
Voice Modem dials user's phone number (entered above)
Apache sends "wav" file (or whatever format most possible) to Voice Modem
(selected above)
User receives selected greeting on the telephone

I don't know where to start.  Can anyone help me reduce the time I will be
wading through FAQ's and such to get to job 1?

I will forever be in your debt.

Jason L Michael
105A Maple
Arlington TX, 76011
http://www.jason-michael.com
jason@jason-michael.com

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded
front
door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: [apache] RE: [users@httpd] Apache to Voice Modem

Posted by Jason L Michael <ja...@jason-michael.com>.
LINUX

JLM

Posted by Jeff Cohen <ap...@gej-it.com>.
What OS are you trying to make that to work?

Jeff Cohen

whatever info that you need (phone number, chosen wav file and etc.), up to

Posted by Jeff Cohen <ap...@gej-it.com>.