Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Di...@tais.com on 2002/07/18 00:02:37 UTC

Newbie could use some perspective.

Anyone know where I can get a [1 | 2] -line *SEMANTIC* description of the
major xalan classes?  The syntatic elements aren't a problem.  I'm
perfectly capable of reading a c++ header file so the interfaces and
inheritance is no mystery (once I got my mind around the endless repetition
that substitutes for namespaces).

For example:  what does the XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison class represent?
How does it differ from the xercesc DOMParser?  Can it be used like the
DOMParser to create the xalan-equivalent of  DOM_Document or does it
require interaction with other classes to perform that task?

I'm trying to understand the framework/architecture without reading the
entire codebase.  I just want to use it, not grok it.

Any help and/or pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.