Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Peter Thygesen <th...@infopaq.dk> on 2008/01/04 18:30:12 UTC

crawling and writing to hdfs

If I want to use nutch and hdsf, does each nutch crawler then have to be
a datanode, or can the crawler just write to hdfs without being a
member.

I have no problems connecting to the hdfs from a plain nutch crawler
server I have set up, but when I start crawling I get an exception.

Injector: starting

Injector: crawlDb: crawl-20080104174550/crawldb

Injector: urlDir: crawled

Injector: Converting injected urls to crawl db entries.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
java.io.IOException:
/mnt/data/hadoop-datastore/hadoop-hadoop/mapred/system/job_200712171708_
0002/job.xml: No such file or directory

Kind regards,

Peter Thygesen

RE: crawling and writing to hdfs

Posted by Peter Thygesen <th...@infopaq.dk>.
Glad to hear that. But as I wrote I can't get it to work unless the
crawler is a datanode. :(

\Peter

The crawlers do NOT have to be datanodes.  It is possible to have the
MapReduce tasktrackers and the datanodes separate although there is
reduced network overhead and optimized scheduling of tasks when they are

on the same machines.

Dennis Kubes

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.