Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gavin Alexander <gd...@ntlworld.com> on 2002/08/15 01:10:46 UTC

Setting up web pages with tomcat

Hi,

Simple Question:
I'm just starting out with Tomcat 4.0, using it as a standalone on Win2000.
I cannot find any reference to which directory my own HTML pages should be
located in and what URLs to use to reach them.
Could somebody advise me?

Gavin

Re: Setting up web pages with tomcat

Posted by madhangi <ma...@eth.net>.
Hi,

If you just want to host html files then you can copy them into the
WEBAPPS\ROOT directory and access it using
http://yourservername/yourhtmlfilename.html
OR
you can also create a directory inside the root and copy your files there
and access it like this
http://yourservername/yourdirectoryname/yourhtmlfilename.html

HTH

Regards,