Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Andy <an...@orprovision.com> on 2010/05/20 18:16:05 UTC

Temp dir deleted

Is it just me, or is the temp dir getting deleted and not recreated on a
restart? Seems to have cropped up in the last week in trunk.
Andy.

Re: Temp dir deleted

Posted by Andy <an...@orprovision.com>.
On 21.05.2010 14:45, Andy wrote:
> Looking into it now, but for your info...
>
> This may be a Windows 7 permissions 'or' timing issue.
>
> UrlCache.java - createCacheDir() uses an unchecked call to
> cacheDir.mkdirs(); just after deleting it. This is failing, and is not
> being picked up.
>
> Adding the following highlights the failure:
>
> if (!cacheDir.mkdirs()) {
>     throw new IOException("Unable to create cache temp directory: " +
> cacheDir);
> }
>

> ...so now I am just trying to find out why ;-(
>
> Will let you know soonest.
>
> Andy

Patch submitted at:

Andy.

Re: Temp dir deleted

Re: Temp dir deleted

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On May 20, 2010, at 9:16 AM, Andy wrote:

> Is it just me, or is the temp dir getting deleted and not recreated on a restart? Seems to have cropped up in the last week in trunk.

I didn't recall having a temp dir.  Don't see one on OSX, but am now having fuzzy memories of windows related file-locking workarounds.

Have any details?

-David