Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by kjarbr <kj...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/15 10:36:43 UTC

How to use setMarkup

I'm trying to use setMarkup with a panel. This is from my panel's
constructor:

String panelMarkup = StringBuilder...
StringResourceStream stream = new StringResourceStream(panelMarkup,
"text/html");
MarkupResourceStream markupStream = new MarkupResourceStream(stream);
IMarkupFragment fragment = new Markup(markupStream);
setMarkup(fragment);

This throws WicketNotSerializableException: Unable to serialize class:
org.apache.wicket.markup.Markup

Does anyone know how to do this right?

Thanks.

Re: How to use setMarkup

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM, kjarbr <kj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Martin, IMarkupResourceStreamProvider and IMarkupCacheKeyProvider did
> the trick.
>
> I'm trying to reduce form boilerplate code. So I've made a general form
> component which, based on constructor values, pojo annotations and
> reflection, can create any html5 input field with or without label,
> validation, component feedbackpanel, ajax updating behavior and styling.
> I found it easier to manipulate the small amount of html required for this
> in java.
>
> And the component works by the way  :)

Great! :-)

Martin Grigorov