Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dwayne Oxford <ox...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/26 22:32:40 UTC

servlets...

To: Developer Support

I'm not exactly sure, but I'm bascally trying to
compile a servlet and I'm constantly receive an error.
I've never encounted this problem before when
compiling servlets, but maybe you can help:

test.java:2: package
import javax.servlet.http.*;

Following this error, I receive several occurences of:
Test01Servlet.java:8: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletRequest
location: class TestingServlet

Does the problem lie in how I have my variable set. My
platform is Win2K. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

- Dwayne

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: servlets...

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Need Servlet.jar in %TOMCAT_HOME%/lib/common
-Martin