Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com> on 2005/01/10 17:03:40 UTC

How do you handle dynamic html pages?

How is anyone managing reindexing of pages that change?  Just
periodically reindex everything or do you try to determine frequency of
each changes to each page and/or site?

Thanks,
Jim.

Re: How do you handle dynamic html pages?

Posted by Luke Francl <lu...@stellent.com>.
On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 10:03, Jim Lynch wrote:
> How is anyone managing reindexing of pages that change?  Just
> periodically reindex everything or do you try to determine frequency of
> each changes to each page and/or site?

If you are using a CMS, your best bet is to integrate Lucene with the
CMS's content update mechanism. That way, your index will always be
up-to-date.

Otherwise, I would say reindexing everything is easiest, provided it
doesn't take too long. If it's ~15 minutes or less, you could schedule a
processes to do it at a low activity period (2 AM or whenever) every day
and that would probably handle your needs.

Regards,
Luke Francl