Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2014/05/12 12:55:32 UTC

Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream exception

Hello,
Is there a know issue related to ZLIB management in HTTPClient 4.2.3 ?

We have a report of this exception triggering :
java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream at
java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source) at
java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.http.conn.EofSensorInputStream.read(EofSensorInputStream.java:155)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.readResponse(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1655)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPAbstractImpl.readResponse(HTTPAbstractImpl.java:290)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:319)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1105)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:236)

I suspected a JDK bug , but it seems the workaround in JMeter is to switch
to Java Implementation:

   -
   http://performancetestersdiary.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/jmeter-and-zlib-input-stream-error/

--