Posted to user@struts.apache.org by torben <to...@frojonck.dk> on 2007/02/28 07:42:42 UTC

Fileupload in JBOSS AS

I have problem to upload a file using strut2 in an jboss server, version
4.0.5

In the jsp page I have:

                <s:form action="FileUpload" method="POST"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
        <s:file name="FileName" value="Browse..." size="50"
accept="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint"/>
         <s:textfield label="User Name" name="username"/>
          <s:submit value="Submit"/>
  </s:form>

In the strut xml file I have:
        <action name="FileUpload"
class="dk.frojonck.action.FileUploadAction">
            <result name="success">index.jsp</result>
            <result name="error">welcome.jsp</result>
        </action>

In the FileUploadAction Class I have:

public class FileUploadAction extends ActionSupport {
    public String execute() throws Exception {
          MultiPartRequestWrapper multiWrapper = null;
          HttpServletRequest req=ServletActionContext.getRequest();
         multiWrapper=(MultiPartRequestWrapper) req;
}

I get the Exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade
	dk.frojonck.action.FileUploadAction.execute(FileUploadAction.java:33)

Can someone give a hint, why I get an instance RequestFacade class
instead of MultiPartRequestWrapper class.

As information I can also mention I am using Securityfilter
(*http://securityfilter*.sourceforge.net/).

Best regards
Torben Frøberg

Re: Fileupload in JBOSS AS

Posted by torben <to...@frojonck.dk>.
I have found the problem. I forgot to install commons-fileupload and
commons-io.

Torben