Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by fg...@ago.fr on 2008/08/13 20:01:34 UTC

Loop and CVS Dataset

Yes another looping through CSV dataset. I tried to look at the
archive of the ML and couldn't find something helpfull.
So here is my scenario:
1 - login to a website w/ static user/password
2 - navigate a bit
3 - While ${NEXT}
     - Configuration from CVS file with data (Setting NEXT to false on
last line)
     - post data from CVS dataset
4 - exit

It's working, JMeter post data for each line in CVS file but I need to
iterate through this scenario and the fact is at second and next
itération ${NEXT} is always set to FALSE from the first CVS file so
JMeter don't enter the While loop no more and I don't know to to make
it redo the whole scenario again.

Anyone has an idea?
Franck.

Re: Loop and CVS Dataset

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/08/2008, fganacha@ago.fr <fg...@ago.fr> wrote:
> Yes another looping through CSV dataset. I tried to look at the archive of
> the ML and couldn't find something helpfull.
>  So here is my scenario:
>  1 - login to a website w/ static user/password
>  2 - navigate a bit
>  3 - While ${NEXT}
>     - Configuration from CVS file with data (Setting NEXT to false on last
> line)
>     - post data from CVS dataset
>  4 - exit
>
>  It's working, JMeter post data for each line in CVS file but I need to
> iterate through this scenario and the fact is at second and next itération
> ${NEXT} is always set to FALSE from the first CVS file so JMeter don't enter
> the While loop no more and I don't know to to make it redo the whole
> scenario again.
>
>  Anyone has an idea?

Use the

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#User_Parameters

element to set NEXT to TRUE (or anything not false) - you can do this
by adding the element as a child of the login sampler.