Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2005/06/24 17:10:12 UTC

[M2] plugin configuration

I just downloaded and started using the new Maven 2.0a3 release.  It is
REALLY nice so far but I do have a few simple questions:

1) How do I override the default source directory for the two compile
goals?  Our projects use src/java and src/test for the compile and
testCompile sources respectively.

2) We put all our necessary resources right along with the code.  How do
I tell the two resource copy goals to copy anything non-java from the
source directory instead of using a separate resource directory?

mike

Re: [M2] plugin configuration

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Mike Perham wrote:

>I just downloaded and started using the new Maven 2.0a3 release.  It is
>REALLY nice so far but I do have a few simple questions:
>
>1) How do I override the default source directory for the two compile
>goals?  Our projects use src/java and src/test for the compile and
>testCompile sources respectively.
>
>2) We put all our necessary resources right along with the code.  How do
>I tell the two resource copy goals to copy anything non-java from the
>source directory instead of using a separate resource directory?
>
>mike

Hi Mike,

    for your no. 1 problem you only have to configure your
<sourceDirectory> & <testSourceDirectory> element
    in your <build> section>

    <build>
          <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
          <testSourceDirectory>src/test</testSourceDirectory>
    </build>

    This should work.

    for your no. 2 problem, I am not sure but have you tried to
configure your <resource> element?

  <resource>
    <directory>src/java</directory>
    <includes>