Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Xinhui Tian <ti...@ict.ac.cn> on 2015/12/18 03:07:35 UTC

Flink Benchmarks have been included in BigDataBench

Hello everyone!

Earlier we have posted a topic about the plan of including Flink support in
our big data benchmark, which is called BigDataBench. The benchmarks can be
found on http://prof.ict.ac.cn/BigDataBench/. Now we have released a new
version including Flink benchmarks. It is now a beta version and the
benchmarks include basic batch processing like word count, grep, and
iteration processing like page rank, delta page rank and KMeans. For better
comparison with Spark, we used the KMeans++ algorithm, and also included a
KMeans|| version.

We have also released a graph benchmark including five benchmarks on Flink
Gelly, Spark GraphX and GraphLab, and we believe such benchmarks may help
users to compare those systems in an easy way.

Other benchmarks such as streaming processing are in process.

We also have got some preliminary results about the performance comparison
of Hadoop, Spark and Flink, which has been put on website:
http://www.bafst.com/top100.html

We hope we can get more suggestions about the performance evaluation and
benchmark designs. If you have any advice or question, please post it to our
group on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/6777483?trk=hp-feed-group-name, or contract
me directly by sending an email to tianxinhui@ict.ac.cn, we will be very
grateful for every advice.

Thanks very much :)

Re: Flink Benchmarks have been included in BigDataBench

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
> On 18 Dec 2015, at 03:07, Xinhui Tian <ti...@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone!
>
> Earlier we have posted a topic about the plan of including Flink support in
> our big data benchmark, which is called BigDataBench. The benchmarks can be
> found on http://prof.ict.ac.cn/BigDataBench/. Now we have released a new
> version including Flink benchmarks. It is now a beta version and the
> benchmarks include basic batch processing like word count, grep, and
> iteration processing like page rank, delta page rank and KMeans. For better
> comparison with Spark, we used the KMeans++ algorithm, and also included a
> KMeans|| version.
>
> We have also released a graph benchmark including five benchmarks on Flink
> Gelly, Spark GraphX and GraphLab, and we believe such benchmarks may help
> users to compare those systems in an easy way.
>
> Other benchmarks such as streaming processing are in process.
>
> We also have got some preliminary results about the performance comparison
> of Hadoop, Spark and Flink, which has been put on website:
> http://www.bafst.com/top100.html

Thanks for notifying the Flink community!

The prelim results link doesn’t work though.

– Ufuk