Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/12 16:50:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-239 Add queryableStoreName() to GlobalKTable

Hi,
Please kindly provide feedback on the following KIP:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-239+Add+queryableStoreName%28%29+to+GlobalKTable

Thanks

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-239 Add queryableStoreName() to GlobalKTable

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Ted,

Thanks for creating the KIP. I have made a pass over it and it looks good
to me.

Note that since our current KafkaStreams#store(storeName, ..) already
checks for global stores first with the given storeName (this is exactly
the queryableStoreName). Having this KIP would naturally allow users to get
the store name and is that to query the global state store with DSL.

So to me this should be a straight-forward API to add. I'm +1 on this.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang