Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 16:46:54 UTC

Maven site plugin cannot find parent

I have a garden-variety multimodule project.

Its aggregator pom in turn inherits from a non-SNAPSHOT parent present in
my local repository and in my Nexus.

This project builds and deploys fine.

When I run mvn site on it (maven-site-plugin 3.2), the Maven site plugin
cannot resolve the parent.

The parent stanza looks like this:

<parent>
  <groupId>foo</groupId>
  <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
  <version>16</version>
</parent>

(note the lack of <relativePath>).  Adding <relativePath/> doesn't help or
further hurt.

How can I make the site plugin build my multi-module project?

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson

Re: Maven site plugin cannot find parent

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
I am essentially asking the same thing as this message:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/201211.mbox/%3CDUB104-W20C0148497A79BC339A494A6600@phx.gbl%3E

The various suggestions in there concerning relativePath did not fix or
alter the issue however.

Best,
Laird

--