Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tom Weber <to...@rtl.lu> on 2006/07/26 15:19:34 UTC

Recompilation of latest lucene seems to break update of Solr

Hello,

   jhust compiled the latest version of lucene (), updated the
webapps/solr/WEB-INF/lib/ with the 3 jar files:
     lucene-core-2.0.1-dev.jar
     lucene-snowball-2.0.1-dev.jar
     lucene-highlighter-2.0.1-dev.jar
   Restarted solr, The Admin interface of solr is still running, but
trying to send updates to solr gives me the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/document/Fieldable
         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.update(SolrCore.java:673)
         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrUpdateServlet.doPost
(SolrUpdateServlet.java:52)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:178)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
(StandardHostValve.java:126)
         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
         at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
(Http11Processor.java:869)
         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

   I read in the mailinglists of lucene that they changed the
Fieldable into Field:

LUCENE-545 that was recently committed breaks backward compatibility
with
Document.getField(),  a non-expert level API that is *very* widely used.

Something simple like
   Field x = mydoc.getField("x");
no longer compiles (and neither do other methods with Field in the
signature).

Is this intentional?
If not, uses of "Field" in unit tests should not have been changed to
Fieldable.

   Anybody an idea how to solve my problem. I jhust want to change
some stuff in the lucene itself and replace the jar files on solr
with the newly created (compiled) ones

   Thanks

   tom

Re: Recompilation of latest lucene seems to break update of Solr

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,
I had fixed the LUCENE-545 backward incompatability in Lucene here:

Although it shouldn't be neccessary, maybe it would work if you put
the new lucene libs in solr's lib dir and rebuild solr?

-Yonik