Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henry Chen <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/05 17:08:56 UTC

Problem with ServletContext.getResource()

Hi,

I want to write to a file. I use the following method:

String contextPath =
cycle.getRequestContext().getRequest().getContextPath();

ServletContext context =
cycle.getRequestContext().getServlet().getServletContext();

String somefile = contextPath +"abc.zip";

String outFileName = context.getResource(somfile).getFile();

This return a null value for context.getResource(somfile). I tried
getRealPath(), it worked, but it was deprecated. Anybody knows what the
problem is here? Or there are some other better ways?

Many Thanks.

Henry

Re: Problem with ServletContext.getResource()

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Henry Chen <henry.chen04 <at> gmail.com> writes:

Try:

ServletContext context =
  cycle.getRequestContext().getServlet().getServletContext();
String somefile = "/abc.zip";
//String outFileName = context.getResource(somfile).getFile();
String outFileName = context.getRealPath(somfile);

As you're trying to write to the file, you can't use getResource().
Instead, use getRealPath(). I don't know why you think getRealPath()
is deprecated.

RE: Problem with ServletContext.getResource()

Posted by Henry Chen <he...@gmail.com>.
This doesn't work. Even getResource(contextPath) doesn't work.

String somefile = contextPath + File.separator + "abc.zip";

or about the same:

--
Ivano Pagano

Re: Problem with ServletContext.getResource()

Posted by Ivano <i....@mclink.it>.
Could it be:

--
Ivano Pagano