Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rats123 <ra...@tester.co.nz> on 2011/08/01 00:41:38 UTC

Delaying a thread

Hi all,

I use a Uniform Random Timer at the Thread level for delays between pages to
mimic "real-life" delays when a user is stepping through a website.

However I would like to now put a thread level delay so as to mimic a "work
day" scenario. Example:

1) A rep gets a phone call and works through an insurance quote for the
client
2) The rep then waits 10 - 20 minutes before he receives his second phone
call

So there are two sets of delays as mentioned. The first is the delay between
pages for the insurance quote and the second is the delay while the rep
waits for another phone call.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Re: Delaying a thread

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
you dont need a test action , you can add timers in your test plan and they
will be scoped according to normal jmeter rules. if you add it under the
thread group then it will add to every sampler. if you add it under a
sampler then it will add to just that sampler , and if you add it say under
a Simple Controller it will add the timer to every child of the Simple
controller

regards
deepak

Re: Delaying a thread

Posted by rats123 <ra...@tester.co.nz>.

Re: Delaying a thread

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:11 AM, rats123 <ra...@tester.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use a Uniform Random Timer at the Thread level for delays between pages to
> mimic "real-life" delays when a user is stepping through a website.
>
> However I would like to now put a thread level delay so as to mimic a "work
> day" scenario. Example:
>
> 1) A rep gets a phone call and works through an insurance quote for the
> client
> 2) The rep then waits 10 - 20 minutes before he receives his second phone
> call
>
> So there are two sets of delays as mentioned. The first is the delay between
> pages for the insurance quote and the second is the delay while the rep
> waits for another phone call.
>
> How can I do this?

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but dont you just write up your
whole scenario into your ThreadGroup and put another delay in where
you need it?