Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2019/08/06 00:47:55 UTC

Which releases are "current"?

Hi Hadoop developers,

From your releases/download page[1], I see you list the following
releases: 2.7.7, 2.8.5, 2.9.2, 3.1.2, 3.2.0

However, in the dist/SVN mirrors system[2], I see that there are
several releases which have not yet been archived according to the
INFRA-established requirements for use of the mirroring system[3], in
addition to the currently supported releases above: 2.6.5, 2.7.6,
2.8.4, 2.9.0, 2.9.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.3, and 3.1.1

Are all these versions superseded by one of the 5 above? If so, they
should probably be archived to discourage their distribution, and
reduce the burden on mirror partners. If not, can you add them to your
releases/downloads page?

Mostly, I'm just trying to figure out (confirm) which versions are
considered "current" (I think those on the releases page), and the
extra copies in the mirrors confused me, but I do think it's important
to clean up/archive the old releases.

Thanks,

Christopher

[1]: https://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html
[2]: http://www.apache.org/dist/hadoop/common/
[3]: https://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors

Re: Which releases are "current"?

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@gmail.com>.
In addition, I found the current documentation
(http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/) is still Hadoop 2.9.2.
Filed a jira to move this to Hadoop 3.x:

-Akira

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@gmail.com>.
+Cc: common-dev