Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Dhaval Makawana <dh...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/04 07:41:35 UTC

Re: Hbase bulk insert.

Hi Sriram,

You can use bulk upload utility to insert massive data in HBase.
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hbase/bulk-loads.html

There is an alternative I use in my application where I had to insert large
amount of data from map-reduce job. I use async hbase client(
https://github.com/stumbleupon/asynchbase) instead of HTable(which I suppose
TableMapReduceUtil will internally be using) and found async client quite
faster.

Regards,
Dhaval