Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2001/08/18 04:11:55 UTC

Re: success install 2.0b2 Linux RH7.1, Blackdown JDK 1.3.1, Tomcat 3.2.2

That may well have been a misguided statement.
Recently, similar build error messages reveal that
these java.lang.NoSuchMethodError can be because of
a clash between versions of classes and the class

We had an additional package.jar in our lib/ directory
which contained some classes that would normally be
loaded by Cocoon. Because its name started with "c" it
was loaded early, So our older version of the classes
took precedence. Hence our recent build errors. Removing
the old classes from our jar and re-packing fixed it.

Perhaps those old errors were from a similar cause.
Anyway, changing the Xerces jar name did fix our previous
issue. I notice that the current build.sh in 2.1-dev cvs
does not even mention the specific CLASSPATH hack to add
xerces for build time.
David Crossley