Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Timmy L." <ti...@hotmail.fi> on 2010/04/09 13:12:11 UTC

How to export trusted certificate from Directory Studio?

Hi,

I have some clients who do not know how to export certificates used by their LDAP servers. I need their certificates for web service user authentication.

When I connect to their server with Directory Studio, I get to view their LDAP certificate with the "View Certificate..." button of "Certificate Trust". However, it does not have a save or export button (neither does the dialog accessed thru preferences). I can not find their certificates from within their directory structure, so I can not use "Certificate Editor" and its export functions.

Is there any way I could save or export these certificates from Directory Studio (besides "Certificate Editor", which I can not access)? Are trusted certificates stored somewhere (I looked but couldn´t find them)?

I´m using version 1.5.3.v20100330 on WinXP.

Thanks.

Windows puhelimella saat enemmän vastinetta rahoillesi.
http://www.windowsmobile.fi

Re: How to export trusted certificate from Directory Studio?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Timmy L. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some clients who do not know how to export certificates used by their LDAP servers. I need their certificates for web service user authentication.
>
> When I connect to their server with Directory Studio, I get to view their LDAP certificate with the "View Certificate..." button of "Certificate Trust". However, it does not have a save or export button (neither does the dialog accessed thru preferences). I can not find their certificates from within their directory structure, so I can not use "Certificate Editor" and its export functions.
>
> Is there any way I could save or export these certificates from Directory Studio (besides "Certificate Editor", which I can not access)? Are trusted certificates stored somewhere (I looked but couldn´t find them)?

Not using the Studio GUI. They are stored in an Java key store:
~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core/
permanent.jks

You can use java keytool to export the certificates:
keytool -list -keystore permanent.jks
keytool -exportcert -alias <aliasname> -keystore permanent.jks

HTH,
Stefan

PS: You may also create a Jira to add an export feature to the GUI:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO