Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Maine <my...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/15 18:09:10 UTC

[CONFIGURATION] Problem with Context configuration!

Hello Folks:

I am currently upgrading from Tomcat 5.0.28 to 5.5.12.

I have built my application using Jetspeed 1.5 and I am having problems
with Context configuration.

On Tomcat 5.0.28, the servlet mappings work fine! For e.g.,
The URL http://localhost:8080 would automatically resolve to the
jetspeed servlet.

After migration to 5.5.12, I am not able to do the same. But, If I
alter the URL to http://localhost:8080/jetspeed, it works fine!

I know something is screwed up because of some setting and I would
appreciate a fresh pair of eyes helping me on this!

I haven't altered anything related to Tomcat 5.5.12. I downloaded it
and unzipped it.
Exploded my WAR in ${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/jetspeed. Copied the
jetspeed.xml configuration file to
${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/Catalina/localhost/

Jetspeed.xml

<snip>

<context path="/" docBase="jetspeed" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
</context>

</snip>

Relevant configuration from my application's web.xml is:

<snip>
  <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>
         jetspeed
      </servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>
        /portal/*
      </url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>
         jetspeed
      </servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>
        /jetspeed/*
      </url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

</snip>

The web.xml under ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf has the following servlet
mapping:

<snip>
  <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

</snip>

I also have the manager app which is bundled with Tomcat 5.5.12 and
whose context info does not define the path attribute.

I am not sure if the manager/host-manager app configuration is
interfering with my configuration.

Would appreciate all help in this regard!