Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Blaise Gosselin <bl...@c-w.be> on 2006/06/01 08:47:01 UTC

How to configure log4j for multiple webapp in JBoss ?

Hello,

I'm using JBoss-4.0.1sp1, and I have two webapps deployed on it.
I'd like to know how is it possible to configure log4j differently for each webapp ?
Indeed, when I deploy one webapp with a define Threshold, the Threshold of the other webapp is not used anymore ?

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance...
____________________________ _ _ _
bgOnline

Re: How to configure log4j for multiple webapp in JBoss ?

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Search Google or this list for the concept of the "repository
selector".  Also search for "ContextJNDISelector".

BTW, do you have log4j.jar in each app's WEB-INF/lib
directory?  Under a server with parent-last classloading behavior,
this would provide behavior similar to using a repository
selector.  However, under JBoss, with its single classloader concept,
I'm not sure if this applies, at least with the default JBoss configuration.

Jake