Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2015/11/23 13:46:33 UTC

Title element content in v2 docs

Hello all,

I just noticed a discrepancy between the dtd and the actual rendering in the default (and possibly all) skins for the title element. The DTD says:

title
Element name title
Content model 	( #PCDATA | strong | em | code | sub | sup | a | br | img | icon | acronym | map ) *
Attributes
id	 	type: ID
class	 	type: CDATA
xml:lang	 	type: NMTOKEN
Used inside	header | section

I then tried to add an img element inside title, but it is removed during the transformations to html. It is there in the intermediate xml:

<title>
<icon src="images/Beta-Stamp.png" height="30"/>
OSX
</title>

Question:

Does this mean that it never has been added to the html rendering (ie various skins/default html transform), or that it really should not be part of the content model for the title element? The same question is valid also for the remaining title subelements.

Grateful for feedback.

Sjur

Re: Title element content in v2 docs

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Thanks for the research and feedback. It seems those elements have been added to the dtd, but without the corresponding changes to the skinning transformations. I’ll have a look at that.

Sjur

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
I did some net archaeology: