Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/06 14:25:56 UTC

IvyDE bug which results in a NullPointerException

Hi,

I think I'm experiencing a bug in the IvyDE plugin for Eclipse. It
might be better to throw this into the development mailing list, but
I'm not currently a subscriber to it so I'm trying here first. :-)

I get this error often after starting up Eclipse:
http://i39.tinypic.com/28wktw7.png

However I do not get it every time.

My setup information is:

Eclipse Platform version: 3.4.2, Build id: M20090211-1700
Apache Ivy version: 2.1.0.cr1_20090319213629
Apache IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1
All other plugins of latest stable version
Xubuntu 8.04
Java SE 6 from Sun

My ivy.xml file can be found here: http://pastebin.com/f5a5bf912

I do not use any ivysettings.xml (yet).

Is there a JIRA/BugZilla/Other issue system I should submit this to?

In case you need any more information, let me know and I'll do what I
can to help.

Also, is anyone else except me experiencing this? It still seems to
work quite well anyway, I can just tell it to resolve again when this
happens. But I would guess it's of interest as it is a tiny bit
annoying and would help making the plugin more reliable in case it
would be solved.

Best regards, Kent

Re: IvyDE bug which results in a NullPointerException

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.
It seems to be fixed in 2.0.0.final. I'll hold on until it's released.
Thank you!

Best regards, Kent

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Looking at the bug Nicolas Lalevée sent a link to it seems to be fixed
in 2.0.0.final. I can hold on until it's released in the update
repository, and if it continues after that I'll look into the issue
once more. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Best regards, Kent

Posted by Daniel Becheanu <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi,