Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Arnau <ar...@andromeiberica.com> on 2008/06/20 13:39:36 UTC

Newbie question about simple application

Hi all,

  Yesterday I discovered ActiveMQ and I have been banging my head
against a wall :).

  What I'd like to do is the following:

  1. Create a local broker (A) that comunicates with a remote broker(B).
I'd use two diferent computers.
  2. Define two queues on each broker TX and RX
  3. All the messages put into A.TX should go to B.RX and vice versa
B.TX->A.RX
  4. I'd like to configure the activemq.xml to allow this setup and test
it with the webinterface. I'd like to sent a message on TX queue on the
webinterface and receive it on RX queue on the other computer

  Can anybody help me? I have been searching in the web and also
downloaded the user guide from ttmsolutions.com and I haven't been able
to make it work.

Thank you very much!!

Re: Newbie question about simple application

Posted by Arnau <ar...@andromeiberica.com>.
Hi Joe,

ttmdev wrote:
> You may want to look into setting up a Camel context to implement such
> routing rules.
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

   I think I have done. I paste my activemq.xml file:

<beans
   xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
   http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
   http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">

     <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this
configuration file -->
     <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

     <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="fawkes" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="true">

         <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
         <transportConnectors>
             <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://192.168.10.65:61616"/>
         </transportConnectors>

         <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or
wildcards -->
         <destinationPolicy>
             <policyMap>
                 <policyEntries>
                     <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="5mb"/>
                     <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="5mb">
                         <dispatchPolicy>
                             <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
                         </dispatchPolicy>
                         <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                             <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
                         </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                     </policyEntry>
                 </policyEntries>
             </policyMap>
         </destinationPolicy>

         <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in
JMX -->
         <managementContext>
             <managementContext createConnector="false"/>
         </managementContext>

         <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen
to -->
         <networkConnectors>
             <networkConnector
             name="fawkes"
             uri="static://(tcp://192.168.10.75:61616)"
             dispatchAsync="true"/>
         </networkConnectors>

         <persistenceAdapter>
             <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
directory="${activemq.base}/data" maxFileLength="20 mb"/>
         </persistenceAdapter>

         <destinations>
           <queue physicalName="ANDROME.TX" />
           <topic physicalName="ANDROME Transmission queue" />
         </destinations>

         <destinations>
           <queue physicalName="ANDROME.RX" />
           <topic physicalName="ANDROME Reception queue" />
         </destinations>

         <systemUsage>
             <systemUsage>
                 <memoryUsage>
                     <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
                 </memoryUsage>
                 <storeUsage>
                     <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                 </storeUsage>
                 <tempUsage>
                     <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                 </tempUsage>
             </systemUsage>
         </systemUsage>
     </broker>

     <camelContext id="camel"

         <!-- You can use a <package> element for each root package to
search for Java routes -->
         <package>org.foo.bar</package>

         <!-- You can use Spring XML syntax to define the routes here
using the <route> element -->
         <route>
             <from uri="activemq:ANDROME.TX"/>
             <to uri="activemq:SINERMEDIA.RX"/>
         </route>

     </camelContext>

     <!-- An embedded servlet engine for serving up the Admin console -->
     <jetty xmlns="http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0">
         <connectors>
             <nioConnector port="8161"/>
         </connectors>

         <handlers>
             <webAppContext contextPath="/admin"
resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/admin" logUrlOnStart="true"/>
             <webAppContext contextPath="/demo"
resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/demo" logUrlOnStart="true"/>
             <webAppContext contextPath="/fileserver"
resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/fileserver" logUrlOnStart="true"/>
         </handlers>
     </jetty>

</beans>
<!-- END SNIPPET: example -->

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
You may want to look into setting up a Camel context to implement such
routing rules.

http://activemq.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com