Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Puneet Prakash <Pu...@esri.com> on 2019/05/28 18:21:52 UTC

HttpClient 5.0 release

Hello,

We are currently using HttpClient 4.5.X and cannot move to HttpClient 5.0 given its beta status. Do you have a release date for HttpClient 5.0 GA ?

Thanks,
Puneet

Re: HttpClient 5.0 release

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2019-05-28 at 18:21 +0000, Puneet Prakash wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are currently using HttpClient 4.5.X and cannot move to HttpClient
> 5.0 given its beta status. Do you have a release date for HttpClient
> 5.0 GA ?
>
> Thanks,
> Puneet

I consider August / September time frame quite likely.

What is it exactly that stops you from using HttpClient 5.0 right now?

Oleg

Re: HttpClient 5.0 release

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 2:00 PM Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-06-04 at 16:23 +0000, Puneet Prakash wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > What is it exactly that stops you from using HttpClient 5.0 right
> > > now?
> >
> > it is our policy for our products, not to depend on beta versions of
> > third party dependencies.
> >

> I see now. For a moderate consulting fee I can publish a SUPER-NON-BETA
> version of HttpClient especially for your company and have it blessed
> by a Russian Orthodox Priest on top of it.

Don't forget the special sauce and novilunium incantations ;-)

Gary

Re: HttpClient 5.0 release

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: HttpClient 5.0 release

Posted by Adam Retter <ad...@exist-db.org>.
So by that reasoning... taking the current code and changing the version
number improves the quality.... Does it though?!?

Re: HttpClient 5.0 release

Posted by Puneet Prakash <Pu...@esri.com>.
Hi,