Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sr...@timeinc.com on 2006/01/04 17:08:20 UTC

How to change directories in ant.....

I would like to change directory levels . how to do this ?

<project name="cc-build" default="build" basedir=".">

  <target name="build">

     cd ....

    <delete dir="jinxweb" />

    <cvs command="co jinxweb" />

  </target>

</project>

Re: How to change directories in ant.....

Posted by Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com>.
Srikrishna_Parthasarathy@timeinc.com wrote:
> I would like to change directory levels . how to do this ?

No cd necessary.  Use the absolute or relative path like this:

     <target name="build">
          <!-- no cd necessary .... -->
         <delete dir="path/to/jinxweb" />
         <cvs command="co jinxweb" dest="path/to/jinxweb" ... />
     </target>

And if you're using the path in other places, you probably want to make
it a property.

   -- Scott

Re: How to change directories in ant.....

Posted by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

--- Srikrishna_Parthasarathy@timeinc.com wrote:
> <project name="cc-build" default="build"
> basedir=".">
>

>   <target name="build">
>
>      cd ....
Change to directory to what? For the sake of
discussion let me call that directory new_dir. Ant has
no cd task. Instead you do this:

     <delete dir="new_dir/jinxweb" />

     <cvs command="co jinxweb" dest="new_dir"/>

Regards
Ivan