Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/21 02:52:39 UTC

Forecast datetime problem

I think  that the forecast detail should have a field to indicate the time
period for which the forecast ,but I could not find it .If I am wrong , pls
point to me . If I am not wrong then how to implement it ?

Re: Forecast datetime problem

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com>.
If you create a new sales forecast ,you can select a time period through
Custom Time Period Id .  when you run a mrp, it will treat a sales forecast
as a sales order .

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
How so? Please elaborate.
Regards,

Pierre

Posted by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com>.
We are wrong.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
I guess not. Forcasting is primarily a butgetting process. So from a high
level point of view a sales forcast can be very simple. Just stating what
amount is forecasted to be generated for a specific customer.
Looking at the forcast form I would say that it is very complex and serving
multiple business angles.

The internal Party ID should always reflect the company.
The dropdown for should always reflecting a lists of accounts.
The currency should always be reflecting the default currency (of the
company)

Any other amount shown is just icing on the cake.

If it is the intention to have a hierarcy of forcasts, then it becomes more
complex and users might get lost in the details.

At the highest level there would then be an overal year forcast for sales.
With at the next level a forcast for each account. Further down there could
then be a forecast per sub period and/or Productcategory/Product. But I
don't think that users would go that far.

As for MRP. I don't think that you should go that far to integrate between
to distinct process domains. Neighter should you integrate between
forecasting and budgetting in Accounting.

Let users in the MRP domain worry about/solve forcasting production, users
in SFA do their forcasting there and accounting officers budget in
accounting.

Regards,

Pierre

Posted by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com>.