Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rahul Kohli <ra...@infosys.com> on 2003/05/29 15:32:59 UTC

IBM HTTP Server 2.0.42.1 - AIX 4.3

Hi,

I am using apache 2.0.42 based IBM HTTP Server on AIX 4.3. On editing the httpd.conf with LoadModule directive for the library of my application. I am facing the following error:

Syntax error on line 146 of /usr/IBMIHS/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /home/user5/app/lib/my_lib.so into server:

I have set the variable LIBPATH=/home/user5/app/lib

The same configuration and set up works absolutely fine on Solaris m/c.

Kindly suggest how can i resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Re: IBM HTTP Server 2.0.42.1 - AIX 4.3

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> Rahul Kohli wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using apache 2.0.42 based IBM HTTP Server on AIX 4.3. On editing
>> the httpd.conf with LoadModule directive for the library of my
>> application. I am facing the following error:
>>
>> Syntax error on line 146 of /usr/IBMIHS/conf/httpd.conf:
>> Cannot load /home/user5/app/lib/my_lib.so into server:
>> I have set the variable LIBPATH=/home/user5/app/lib

> Though there are some IBM'ers on this mailing list, this is the wrong
> place to ask questions about vendor distro's of Apache and Apache
> derivitives.  For IBM HTTP Server, you should direct your question to

Bill is absolutely right, and I hope it won't dilute his message by
asking you to send the output of "dump -THv
/home/user5/app/lib/my_lib.so" to my e-mail address (trawick@attglobal.net).

LIBPATH needs to include directories containing libraries that your DSO
depends on, but it does not need to include the directory with the DSO
itself (unless of course it has other necessary libraries :) ).

Re: IBM HTTP Server 2.0.42.1 - AIX 4.3

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.