Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Bob Tiernay <bt...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/23 01:07:01 UTC

Convention Plugin Status

Anyone know what the status of the Convention plugin is? Is there anyways we
can get it out of the sandbox and into a formal release?  I'm willing to
help out :)

Re: Convention Plugin Status

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
It was a port of SmartURLs and I didn't get everything totally cleaned
up before getting so busy I could barely check my email ;). I'll remove
them.

-bp

Posted by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com>.
+1

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
I have been playing with the plugin since yesterday, and everything
that is documented here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/convention-plugin.html

seems to be working fine. Is there anything you are aware of that
would prevent us from moving it out of the sandbox?

musachy

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Done

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
Agreed.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Brian Pontarelli wrote:
> Bob Tiernay wrote:
>> Anyone know what the status of the Convention plugin is? Is there
>> anyways we can get it out of the sandbox and into a formal release?
>> I'm willing to help out :)
> The plugin is stable and running in production. It can probably be
> moved out of the sandbox whenever we want. At this point, I'm
> completely fine with pulling it out of the sandbox. I've been using it
> for a number of months and it is fine.
>
> Anyone else adverse to moving it out?

Hi Brian, are we going to replace CodeBehind or provide Convention as an
alternative?  I prefer the latter, at least for a transitional period,
as the the REST plugin still extends CodeBehind.  For the transitional
period we could recommend use of the Convention plugin and plan a
deprecation of CodeBehind.  I don't think it's good to offer both
indefinitely.

cheers,
 Jeromy

Re: Convention Plugin Status