Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2014/01/06 22:37:38 UTC

[allura:tickets] #4397 Run timeline aggregations in the background with taskd NEEDS MONGO CMD

- **summary**: Run timeline aggregations in the background with taskd --> Run timeline aggregations in the background with taskd NEEDS MONGO CMD

---

** [tickets:#4397] Run timeline aggregations in the background with taskd NEEDS MONGO CMD**

**Status:** in-progress
**Labels:** v2 activitystreams
**Created:** Fri Jun 15, 2012 05:59 PM UTC by Tim Van Steenburgh
**Last Updated:** Mon Jan 06, 2014 09:33 PM UTC
**Owner:** Tim Van Steenburgh

Once the volume ramps up, we probably won't want to be doing timeline aggregations on demand if we can help it. Find good spots to fire off aggregations in the background using taskd, so that when an activitystream page is requested, the cached timeline can just be pulled from mongo w/o doing an aggregation.

For users, a good spot to do this might be on login. For projects, not sure...needs more thought.

Do we need to worry about two aggregations for the same node running at the same time?

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/