Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Esteban Franqueiro <ef...@bea.com> on 2007/08/27 21:56:40 UTC

SystemSession question

Hi all.
We want our component to be notified of every property event, and we
were thinking about using the system sessions to connect the listeners.
The idea is to install the listeners on repository startup, with the
system sessions so that we don't miss any possible event.
Is there any significant performace issue related to using them in such
a way? Is it advisable? Is there a better way?
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: SystemSession question

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Esteban Franqueiro wrote:
> Hi all.
> We want our component to be notified of every property event, and we
> were thinking about using the system sessions to connect the listeners.
> The idea is to install the listeners on repository startup, with the
> system sessions so that we don't miss any possible event.
> Is there any significant performace issue related to using them in such
> a way?

no, there is no performance impact. event listeners are informed using a
background thread.

> Is it advisable? Is there a better way?

I would rather use a regular session, which has read access to the whole
repository. The system session is jackrabbit internal and should not be used
unless there is a very good reason.

regards
  marcel