Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tim Anderson <tm...@netspace.net.au> on 2003/06/02 13:58:29 UTC

[patch][attributes][proposal] support for multiple tags with the same name

Hi,
	the attached patch for commons-attributes enables
support for multiple tags with the same name e.g

class Foo {

 /**
  * @mytag value1
  * @mytag value2
  */
 public void someMethod() {
 }
}

These can be accessed via the new Attributes.getAttributes() methods
e.g:
  Attribute[] a = Attributes.getAttributes(method, "mytag");

To support the above, I've had to change the serialization
format. The .attributes file now contains entries of the form

e.g:
  class|classDupAttribute|0=classValue1
  class|classDupAttribute|1=classValue2

The SEPARATOR character has been changed from '_' to '|' to avoid
conflicts with member names that contain underscores.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim

RE: [patch][attributes][proposal] support for multiple tags with the same name

Posted by Tim Anderson <tm...@netspace.net.au>.
Hmm - mailserver stripped the attachment out.
Trying again, this time jarred up....