Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Tim Dudgeon <td...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 19:34:15 UTC

Tooling for Idea and Netbeans?

At today's (really great) Red Hat Microservices Architecture Developer
Day in London [1] Claus Ibsen mentioned that there is now tooling
support available for IntelliJ Idea and Netbeans as well as Eclipse
(presumably what used to be Fuse IDE).
If so this is awesone, but I can't find any info about this.
Could someone provide further info? Sure it will be of interest to many.

Tim

[1]
http://www.redhatonline.com/uk/seminar/microservices-architecture-developer-day/

Re: Tooling for Idea and Netbeans?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim

Yeah it was a great day. I enjoyed being there and hear all the Camel
war stories.

There is Camel tooling being developed as part of the fabric8 project.
Its a set of Camel commands as a JBoss Forge addon.

The tools has some documentation at
http://fabric8.io/guide/forge.html

albeit it could need some more information.

If you use IDEA for instance then you can install JBoss Forge as part
of the IDEA plugin system. And then use CMD + ALT 4 to start forge
which shows a list of commands. There is a command to install and
add-on. Then you can install the camel tools using the maven
coordinate as listed in the docs above.

Then you can use CMD + ALT 4 again as I demonstrated to access the
Camel commands.

We will continue to work and improve those commands as for instance
some of the commands to edit / modify Camel endpoints from Java code
are not yet fully implemented.

And btw those commands in JBoss Forge works accross IDEs so you can
use it as well in Eclipse or NetBeans. And also from the command line.

And web browser as well, though I dont think we have integrated it
with Eclipse Orion which James Rawlings demonstrated a bit in his
CI/CD talk. The silent video he did is here
https://twitter.com/jdrawlings/status/609415186370416640

Anyone trying out or having further problems with the tools is welcome
to reach out to us on the fabric8 community
http://fabric8.io/community/index.html

--
Claus Ibsen