Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/05/27 22:40:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds 1.7.3 RC1

This thread is for discussion of the first release candidate for Apache jclouds 1.7.3. Please use this thread for discussion of issues uncovered in the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc. Thank you.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds 1.7.3 RC1

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
Agree to not block teh release for the failing tests (which IMO are
false negatives):

The failures seem to be related to the order in which object
properties are serialized to JSON. A similar thing happened to the
Abiquo provider, where tests succeeded or failed depending on the JAXB
version (which kinda sucks).

If you take a closer look at the failure, it is just a matter of the
test, which is comparing the payloads as raw Strings, but if you take
into account the JSON structure and values, the generated requests are
correct. I think we could improve ExpectTests assertions in general to
avoid this kind of raw String comparisons, and make the tests happy
regardless of the Java/JAXB/foo versions.

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Hi Shri,

Feel free to +1 the VOTE thread. It wouldn’t be a binding vote but we still appreciate it.

Thanks,
Everett

Posted by Shrinand Javadekar <sh...@maginatics.com>.

Posted by Shrinand Javadekar <sh...@maginatics.com>.

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
I still need to go through the JIRA issue list and clean it up.

Everett