Posted to user@poi.apache.org by naresh <d....@gmail.com> on 2011/05/30 06:26:36 UTC

Re: License for POI 3.1-BETA2 Released (2008-05-28)

Hi Nick,

I could find "poi-ooxml-3.7-20101029.jar\META-INF\NOTICE" inside the binary
distributions.

It has mentioned "This product contains the chunks_parse_cmds.tbl file from
the vsdump program.
" and whose license is GPL.

So, can it be used for commercial purpose?

Please help to clarify...

Thanks,
Naresh

Re: License for POI 3.1-BETA2 Released (2008-05-28)

Posted by naresh <d....@gmail.com>.
Thank you Nick. I will explore more on this.

Re: License for POI 3.1-BETA2 Released (2008-05-28)

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Sun, 29 May 2011, naresh wrote:
> It has mentioned "This product contains the chunks_parse_cmds.tbl file from
> the vsdump program." and whose license is GPL.

Almost all of vsdump is GPL, but that one file has been dual licensed to
additionally be under the ASF v2 - it's all explained in the header of the
file.

Nick