Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/04/25 15:32:14 UTC

Three new Excalibur packages

I just did a new CVS update (this time adding any possibly
missing directories), and noticed that there are three
packages I didn't see there before.  I would like some
feedback on their supportability, and a rough summary
of what they do:

org.apache.excalibur.pipeline
org.apache.excalibur.property
org.apache.excalibur.proxy

If they cannot be supported, then I propose moving them
to a whiteboard/scratchpad area.

Re: Three new Excalibur packages

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 10:05  25/4/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>Peter Donald wrote:
>>
>> At 09:32  25/4/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>> >I just did a new CVS update (this time adding any possibly
>> >missing directories), and noticed that there are three
>> >packages I didn't see there before.  I would like some
>> >feedback on their supportability, and a rough summary
>> >of what they do:
>> >
>> >org.apache.excalibur.pipeline
>> >org.apache.excalibur.property
>> >org.apache.excalibur.proxy
>> >
>> >If they cannot be supported, then I propose moving them
>> >to a whiteboard/scratchpad area.
>>
>> pipeline/proxy are not tested enough  ... property is basically one method
>> so that should be fine (I have other stuff that I will commit post-release
>> to fill out directory).
>
>So, should pipeline/proxy be moved to the scratchpad area?

+1

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Three new Excalibur packages

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> At 09:32  25/4/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >I just did a new CVS update (this time adding any possibly
> >missing directories), and noticed that there are three
> >packages I didn't see there before.  I would like some
> >feedback on their supportability, and a rough summary
> >of what they do:
> >
> >org.apache.excalibur.pipeline
> >org.apache.excalibur.property
> >org.apache.excalibur.proxy
> >
> >If they cannot be supported, then I propose moving them
> >to a whiteboard/scratchpad area.
>
> pipeline/proxy are not tested enough  ... property is basically one method
> so that should be fine (I have other stuff that I will commit post-release
> to fill out directory).

So, should pipeline/proxy be moved to the scratchpad area?

Remember, we have a release path for Beta 1, Beta 2, and Final.  I haven't
had any -1 or corrections to the proposed Release Plan, so I want to go ahead
with it.

Re: Three new Excalibur packages

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.