Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2007/07/05 14:57:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Hi all,

I've prepared the packages for the 0.8.1 release of Apache LDAP Studio (the
last release under this name).

As a reminder, this release only fixes the bug on the update site which
makes it unable to download Apache LDAP Studio on a AMD64 machine, as well
as a new dedicated RCP version of Apache LDAP Studio for this architecture.

Related Jiras are :
DIRSTUDIO-80 - LDAP Studio does not work on x86_64
DIRSTUDIO-144 - Unable to install plugins from updatesite on x86_64
architecture

The packages are available here :
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/packages<http://people.apache.org/%7Epamarcelot/packages>

Let's vote now:
[ ] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.1
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release LDAP Studio 0.8.1

Best regards,

Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [VOTE] [Results] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
The packages have been deployed on the mirrors system. Let's wait a few
hours to let the packages get mirrored on all the mirrors, and I'll update
the update site and the website.

Cheers,

P-A M.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
yes

On 7/19/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Are you talking about the download link on the top left ("LDAP Studio
> 0.8.0") ?
>

> On 7/19/07, Emmanuel Lecharny < elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, great !
> >
> > FYI, th emain page ( directory.apache.org) still point to Ldap Studio.
> > It may have to be changed.
> >
> > On 7/19/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:
> > > Ok, time to close this vote.
> > >
> > > We have received 4 +1 votes, no veto.
> > >
> > > I will upload the packages on the mirrors, the update site and update
> the
> > > website in the next few hours.
> > >
> > > Thanks all.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Cordialement,
> > Emmanuel Lécharny
> > www.iktek.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] [Results] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Are you talking about the download link on the top left ("LDAP Studio 0.8.0")
?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok, great !

FYI, th emain page (directory.apache.org) still point to Ldap Studio.
It may have to be changed.

On 7/19/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Ok, time to close this vote.
>
> We have received 4 +1 votes, no veto.
>
> I will upload the packages on the mirrors, the update site and update the
> website in the next few hours.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
>

> On 7/9/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > [X] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.1
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Cordialement,
> > Emmanuel Lécharny
> > www.iktek.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] [Results] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Ok, time to close this vote.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 7/6/07, Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [X] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.1
>
> BTW, I think the product was called Apache Directory Studio. No LDAP
> anywhere.

Yes, but since this is a service release for the 0.8.0 version, the code
base is still under the "old" name.

The current trunk includes the "new" name 'Apache Directory Studio' and the
next version, 0.9.0 or 1.0, will be a 'Apache Directory Studio' release.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.1

--
Ersin Er

R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr

Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
> 1.)
> > We should keep the os, ws and arch (plus x86_64) tags for the RCP
> > feature in both the feature.xml and the update site because we only
> > provide the RCP application for these platforms.
>

> Yeah, good suggestion. I'll update the update site.

The update site has been updated :
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/packages/updatesite/site--xml.html

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 7/5/07, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:

> > [X] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.1
>
> Many thanks, P-A for doing all the work and providing the packages. I
> tested the Linux_i386 and Windows versions, both are working. I don't
> have a AMD64 machine so I couldn't test the new package.
>

> I have some suggestions:
>
> 1.)
> We should keep the os, ws and arch (plus x86_64) tags for the RCP
> feature in both the feature.xml and the update site because we only
> provide the RCP application for these platforms.

Yeah, good suggestion. I'll update the update site.

2.)
> We should add the version number to the download packages:
> LDAP_Studio_Linux_AMD64.tar.gz -> LDAP_Studio_0.8.1_Linux_AMD64.tar.gz

Yeah, of course.
The packages will be renamed before their inclusion on the mirrors.

3.)
> I think it is enough if we only release the x86_64 binary package and
> the update site. I think there are no changes in the other packages.

Well, I don't know. I think we'll need to update the other packages as well,
since the features has changed (from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1) in each version.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 ?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
> [X] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.1

Many thanks, P-A for doing all the work and providing the packages. I
tested the Linux_i386 and Windows versions, both are working. I don't
have a AMD64 machine so I couldn't test the new package.

I have some suggestions:

1.)
We should keep the os, ws and arch (plus x86_64) tags for the RCP
feature in both the feature.xml and the update site because we only
provide the RCP application for these platforms.

2.)
We should add the version number to the download packages:
 LDAP_Studio_Linux_AMD64.tar.gz -> LDAP_Studio_0.8.1_Linux_AMD64.tar.gz

3.)
I think it is enough if we only release the x86_64 binary package and
the update site. I think there are no changes in the other packages.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Seelmann