Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anjul Srivastava <an...@anjul.com> on 2001/03/27 09:37:51 UTC

Re: CocoonFromServlet example not working

Not sure how to help you with your Servlet problems, but looking at the larger picture, if you want to generate XML from a database, why not look at the ESQL taglib in the XSP framework (all within cocoon). The URL relevant to you is: http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/esql.html It worked swell for me.
Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 09:21:43PM -0500, Donald Ball wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> > Attached are two example taglibs. The first simulates an esql query
> > returning a String containing XML. The second takes this XML string,
> > parses it, and attaches it to the generated output, which could then by
> > styled with XSLT.
>
> is there any reason you wouldn't use the esql:get-xml function here??

Doh! ;)

Oh well.. it's a nice simple example of a taglib anyway.

--Jeff

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
Hi Sharath,

Attached are two example taglibs. The first simulates an esql query
returning a String containing XML. The second takes this XML string,
parses it, and attaches it to the generated output, which could then by
styled with XSLT.

If you get stuck, let me know :)

--Jeff

-

Re: CocoonFromServlet example not working

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.

Posted by Anjul Srivastava <an...@anjul.com>.
Sorry, I don't know how to do that. Maybe somebody else can advise.
  From: Sharath Chandra
      From: Sharath Chandra